Wednesday, 27 January 2016

Does The Term "Cat Nap" Have Anything To Do With Cats?

The term "cat nap" relates to the short periods that a cat sleeps in the daytime. When napping, a cat will generally sleep for several minutes before waking up. These naps make up around 70% of a cat's sleep time and their muscles are not fully relaxed during a nap. The remaining 30% of a cat's sleep is made up of the deep sleep that we know as REM sleep (rapid eye movement), during this deeper period of sleep a cat's closed eyes will move in rapid short bursts.

Extra cat sleep facts that may be of interest to you.          
  • Cats will usually sleep more when they are on their own than they will if they have company.
  • The reason cats like to sleep in the sun is because their body temperature drops during this time.
  • Some cats actually snore!
Sponsored Post
House/Pet Sitters Urgently Wanted Worldwide – Indulge Your Love Of Animals – Take A Holiday Without Costly Accommodation – See The World In A More Authentic Way And Save Money Doing It – Ideal For Animal Lovers – Digital Nomads – Responsible Couples And Singles Looking For A Lifestyle Change Or New Experience. For More Information Please Visit

No comments:

Post a Comment