As a disclaimer, I genuinely have no idea if the following are still, or indeed have ever been, enforced or why these laws ever got passed in the first place!
- In International Falls in Minnesota you must not allow your cat to chase a dog up a telegraph pole.
- Another place in Minnesota, Duluth prohibits cats from sleeping in a bakery.
- The cats of Ventura County, California should not have sex without a permit!
- In Reed City, Michigan a law was passed that a pet cat and a pet bird should not be kept at the same premises.
- Cats may not 'yowl' after 9pm in Columbus, Georgia.
- In Galesburg, Illinois it is unlawful to keep a smelly dog.
- Not to be outdone....North Brook, Illinois has it's own hard to enforce law that states that a dog must not bark for more than 15 minutes!
- French Poodle owners in Chicago may be choked to learn that their pets are banned from attending the opera.
- If your dog starts crying in Wanessa, New Jersey you should think about comforting your pooch quickly as it is against the law for a dog to cry there!
- Illinois again gives us another strange law...it is illegal to give your your dog whiskey in Chicago